Software Design for Non-Designers – openSAP
- Solution:User Experience
Level:Details, Configuration & Transaction
- This course is an introduction to the topic of software design for non-designers. It aims to explain common aspects of design as way to improve user experience in software engineering, and will provide an introduction to a few basic steps you can apply to your next project. It is taught by Scott Klemmer from UC San Diego, and a team of design- driven development experts from SAP. In this course, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the relevance of design to the development of quality products
- Learn how to extend the current sense of “product quality” to include delighting end users
- Understand the role of designers, developers and development architects, product managers, and business experts in design
- Become familiar with the skills and resources you will need to design and build quality products
- Deepen your knowledge of design and the work of designers with development and other teams
- Get familiar with how good design can become a part of your daily work
- This course is part of the UX Learning Journey . Please review the Learning Journey so that you have a good understanding of any pre- requisites and to maintain your continuous learning journey at SAP.
- Access the course here (free of charge).
- Professionals interested in designing business applications and processes
- Business Process Analyst
- Solution Architect
- Development Consultant
- UX Designer
- Professionals interested in software design
- openSAP is SAPÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s open online course provider and has proven to be a successful enabler for innovation adoption at scale and thought leader in cloud based knowledge transfer. openSAP is part of SAPÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s integrated learning portfolio. It is important to understand that the UX Learning Journey contains your full enablement journey of which this course is part. Click here to find out more.
- Week 1 – What is design and why design matters:
- Design thinking, design practice, and the language of design
- Week 2 – Design Process:
- The software interface design process, roles and concepts
- Week 3 – Needs finding:
- Understanding the needs of the people you are designing for.
- Week 4 – Conceptual Design:
- Matching product design to the work of the user
- Peer Assessment
- Week 5 – High Fidelity Design:
- Simple, yet impactful considerations when design software applications.
- Week 6 – Design at work:
- A peek behind the scenes of how software design works at SAP.
Submit your request
Is the course not scheduled? Let us know what works for you by clicking the button below and select your Interest. We will do our best to consider your request.
Note: Location can be for a Virtual ClassroomRegister Interest